Now, forgery case against arms dealer Abhishek Verma
New Delhi: A fresh case of forgery and cheating has been filed against businessman and alleged arms dealer Abhishek Verma, reports claimed on Thursday.
It was reported that Verma allegedly forged a senior CBI official’s letter mentioning an investigation against him is closed due to lack of evidence.
He gave the forged letter to his bank to activate his frozen account.
Verma and his wife were arrested by the Enforcement Directorate (ED) on August 22 in connection with a money laundering case registered against them for allegedly receiving money from a Swiss defence firm to keep it out of the government`s blacklist.
The couple was placed under arrest under the stringent provisions of the Prevention of Money Laundering Act (PMLA) after an ED team recorded their statements.
The arrest of Verma and his Romanian wife Anca Maria Neascu by the agency comes as additional trouble for the duo as they are already embroiled in a host of criminal cases and the CBI has arrested them in two separate cases so far.
Earlier, both the accused had been granted bail on August 8 in a corruption case registered by the CBI for allegedly receiving USD 530,000 from Rheinmetall Air Defence AG (RAD) for using his influence to stall its blacklisting proceedings by Indian government. The ED made this case as the basis for filing its criminal complaint against them.
They were granted bail after the CBI had failed to file chargesheet against them within stipulated 60-day period after their arrest on June 8 in the corruption case.
With PTI Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How will Sonowal's govt solve problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam?
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam - Part II
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part III
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part IV
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- Sarbananda Sonowal takes charge as Assam’s first BJP CM, PM Modi attends his swearing-in
- Desperate times, desperate measures! Parineeti Chopra's make-up ain’t gonna stop – See pic
- IPL 9 VIDEO: When Shikhar Dhawan, Yuvraj Singh became Gabbar and taxi driver
- First Talgo train trial on Bareilly-Moradabad rail route on May 29
- Rahul Gandhi to lead rally against AAP, BJP over Delhi power crisis