Now, MPs complain about camera focus on Jaya
New Delhi: Television cameras focussing on Jaya Bachchan when actor Rekha took oath as Rajya Sabha member on Tuesday created a storm of sorts on Wednesday with some MPs complaining about it to Chairman Hamid Ansari.
However, Bachchan herself did not complain to the Chairman on the issue.
Minister of State Parliamentary Affairs Rajiv Shukla told reporters that some MPs had complained to the Chairman in this regard.
In a release, the Rajya Sabha Secretariat dismissed reports that Jaya Bachchan has filed a complaint that the House cameras focussed on her when cine star Rekha took oath as a member.
However, it sought to wash its hands off the issue of the coverage yesterday saying live coverage of proceedings continue to be undertaken by Doordarshan and not Rajya Sabha Television.
"The news reports are factually incorrect," the Rajya Sabha Secretariat said in a press release after television channels carried reports that Bachchan had complained to Ansari regarding "certain aspects of the coverage of the proceedings of the House".
The release said Bachchan has written to the Chairman, Committee on Government Assurances, with a copy to the Secretary General on matters pertaining to assurances given on the floor of the House.
However, the release noted that the live coverage of the proceedings of the Rajya Sabha continued to be undertaken by Doordarshan as this function is yet to be transferred to the newly-established Rajya Sabha television.
The media had played up the oath-taking event against the backdrop of the perceived rivalry between the two film stars of 70s and 80s.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- India planning to buy Russian S-400 Triumf air defence missile systems: Report
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off
- India vs South Africa, 1st ODI: Rohit's century in vain as Proteas snatch 5-run win