Now, no VIP puja at Badrinath, Kedarnath
Dehradun: Badrinath Kedarnath Temple
Committee (BKTC), which overlooks the maintenance of the two
temples, has scrapped the provisions of special VIP puja
inside the centuries-old shrines, officials said Saturday.
The decision to the effect was taken by the board of
the temple committee at New Tehri yesterday.
"Now VIPs would also have to stand in queues for
having darshans of both Badrinath and Kedarnath temples,"
Anusuiya Prasad Bhatt, chairman of the BKTC, said.
The two temples, among the most revered pilgrimage
centres, in Uttarakhand`s Garhwal region receive thousands of
pilgrims every year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days