Now, no VIP puja at Badrinath, Kedarnath
Dehradun: Badrinath Kedarnath Temple
Committee (BKTC), which overlooks the maintenance of the two
temples, has scrapped the provisions of special VIP puja
inside the centuries-old shrines, officials said Saturday.
The decision to the effect was taken by the board of
the temple committee at New Tehri yesterday.
"Now VIPs would also have to stand in queues for
having darshans of both Badrinath and Kedarnath temples,"
Anusuiya Prasad Bhatt, chairman of the BKTC, said.
The two temples, among the most revered pilgrimage
centres, in Uttarakhand`s Garhwal region receive thousands of
pilgrims every year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Sheena Bora murder: DNA sample to reveal the truth
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Sheena murder case: Villager helps locate spot where body was buried