Now, no VIP puja at Badrinath, Kedarnath
Dehradun: Badrinath Kedarnath Temple
Committee (BKTC), which overlooks the maintenance of the two
temples, has scrapped the provisions of special VIP puja
inside the centuries-old shrines, officials said Saturday.
The decision to the effect was taken by the board of
the temple committee at New Tehri yesterday.
"Now VIPs would also have to stand in queues for
having darshans of both Badrinath and Kedarnath temples,"
Anusuiya Prasad Bhatt, chairman of the BKTC, said.
The two temples, among the most revered pilgrimage
centres, in Uttarakhand`s Garhwal region receive thousands of
pilgrims every year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Give up terrorism and let’s talk', Sushma Swaraj's reply to Nawaz Sharif at UNGA
- Lalu Yadav attacks PM Modi over Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- Whole world is worried about global warming and climate change, says PM Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi