Now, online application for Indian citizenship
New Delhi: The Home Ministry has introduced
a new online application system for Indian citizenship for
faster, simpler and transparent processing of the pleas.
The key objectives of the new system include creating a
centralised data base of citizenship applications, uniformity
in processing of applications, faster processing of
citizenship cases and better monitoring and tracking of the
Now, the applicant would be able to track progress of his
or her case online, an official release said.
As per earlier procedure, an application for grant of
Indian citizenship was to be submitted to the District
Magistrate of the area where the applicant is a resident.
The applicant along with a report on the eligibility and
suitability of the applicant was to be sent by the District
Magistrate to the state government within 60 days.
Thereafter, the application along with the recommendation
of the state government was to be sent to the Home Ministry
within 30 days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed unanimously in state Assembly; violence rocks Tamil Nadu
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog