Now, Ramdev bats for Modi as prime minister
New Delhi: Yoga guru Swami Ramdev on n Tuesday praised BJP leader and Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, saying that he would be the perfect prime ministerial candidate in the 2014 general elections.
"It seems that there is no prime minister in our country. In my opinion, there is only one man who can capitalise this anger among the citizens and turn them into meaningful votes. That man is Narendra Modi," Ramdev said.
He was speaking on the second anniversary of the Ramlila Maidan brutality here.
On June 4, 2011, Delhi Police had swooped down on a hundreds of people who were staging a demonstration against black money and corruption at the Ramlila ground.
"The anger within people will come out during the elections in 2014. Narendra Modi is the perfect choice for the prime ministerial position and the Congress in under the scanner for many reasons," Ramdev said.
He also emphasised the need for political parties to come under the Right to Information Act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Actress Leslie Jones' website hacked, nude photos posted
- Afghan forces hunt gunmen after American University attack
- Islamic State attacks Western-backed camp on Jordan-Syria border
- Italy quake kills 159 as rescuers race to find survivors
- Syria launched chemical attacks, IS used mustard gas: UN report