Now, Ramdev bats for Modi as prime minister
New Delhi: Yoga guru Swami Ramdev on n Tuesday praised BJP leader and Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, saying that he would be the perfect prime ministerial candidate in the 2014 general elections.
"It seems that there is no prime minister in our country. In my opinion, there is only one man who can capitalise this anger among the citizens and turn them into meaningful votes. That man is Narendra Modi," Ramdev said.
He was speaking on the second anniversary of the Ramlila Maidan brutality here.
On June 4, 2011, Delhi Police had swooped down on a hundreds of people who were staging a demonstration against black money and corruption at the Ramlila ground.
"The anger within people will come out during the elections in 2014. Narendra Modi is the perfect choice for the prime ministerial position and the Congress in under the scanner for many reasons," Ramdev said.
He also emphasised the need for political parties to come under the Right to Information Act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet