Now, Ramdev bats for Modi as prime minister
New Delhi: Yoga guru Swami Ramdev on n Tuesday praised BJP leader and Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, saying that he would be the perfect prime ministerial candidate in the 2014 general elections.
"It seems that there is no prime minister in our country. In my opinion, there is only one man who can capitalise this anger among the citizens and turn them into meaningful votes. That man is Narendra Modi," Ramdev said.
He was speaking on the second anniversary of the Ramlila Maidan brutality here.
On June 4, 2011, Delhi Police had swooped down on a hundreds of people who were staging a demonstration against black money and corruption at the Ramlila ground.
"The anger within people will come out during the elections in 2014. Narendra Modi is the perfect choice for the prime ministerial position and the Congress in under the scanner for many reasons," Ramdev said.
He also emphasised the need for political parties to come under the Right to Information Act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing