Now Ramdev gets notice on foreigners` stay
Haridwar: The noose seems to be tightening around Baba Ramdev. The government on Sunday sent a notice to the yoga guru asking for details about foreigners staying in his ashram here.
It is being alleged that some foreigners possibly from Bangladesh have been residing at his Patanjali Yogpeeth ashram and no information has been given regarding this to the state police.
Earlier, the Enforcement Directorate (ED) had on September 01 registered a foreign exchange violation case against Ramdev.
However, the yoga guru later said his trust was not involved in any violation of norms, and he was being targeted for raising his voice against corruption.
Ramdev had also announced his second round of yatra against black money from Jhansi in Uttar Pradesh from September 20.
The probe is aimed at checking the flow of money and transactions through various trusts floated by Ramdev including the Patanjali Yogpeeth Trust, Divya Yoga Mandir Trust and Bharat Swabhiman Trust.
The ED had also approached officials in the island nation of Madagascar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intermediate Examination (Arts) Result 2016 will be declared today on 29th May 2016 at 2:00 pm
- Class 10th (Matric) Exam Result 2016 will be declared today on 29th May 2016 at 12: 00 pm
- Putin vows Russian retaliation over US missile shield in Europe
- More than 2,000 boat migrants rescued off Italy, 45 dead
- Trump rules out US presidential debate with Sanders