Now, special panels for BSF’s women combatants
New Delhi: Government has set up special committees for newly recruited women personnel in the BSF to prevent sexual abuse at workplace.
A host of other facilities related to posting, deployment and living are also being provided to these women personnel who were recruited for the first time in the combat constabulary ranks of the border force last year.
"All women employees in Border Security Force are self
dependent. However, they are imparted specialised training to
enhance their physical capacity and self esteem," Minister of
State for Home Affairs Ajay Maken said in a written reply to
Lok Sabha today.
He was replying to a question on what steps have been
taken by the government to make such women personnel "self
"Besides, special committees are formed to prevent
sexual abuse at work place," he said.
"Problems are attended to through personal interviews,
Sainik Sammelan and time to time interactions, detailment of
lady medical officer, lady ministerial staff as nodal officers
to address their grievances, grant of adequate leave and
medical facilities with special care to pregnant women,
convenient posting, wherever feasible.
"In case of married women, generally husband and wife
are posted in the same station in the force, assignment of
comparatively lighter duties while posted in the filed duties
and provision of barracks with attached toilets in Border
Outposts," he said.
Almost a battalion strength (about 1,000 women) of the
BSF women personnel have ben recruited and are deployed to
patrol the borders and carry out frisking and search duties.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Team India, South Africa arrive for second T20 match
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?