Now, UGC grants for self-financing institutions
New Delhi: Unaided self-financing institutions
can now get grants from the University Grants Commission
The UGC has decided to provide grants to institutions that
were unable to get the assistance for the last few years,
official sources said.
The commission in its recent meeting decided to extend the
grants to the unaided self-financing institutions. At present,
there are nearly 28,000 colleges in the country. Of them, 7485
are getting grants from the UGC as they have been found
The UGC was giving grants to the unaided self-financing
institutions till the 9th plan which ended in 2002. However,
due to paucity of funds, the UGC decided to discontinue grants
for these institutions.
But the commission decided to extend the benefits to such
institutions once again. Those colleges which fulfil
eligibility conditions will be able to get UGC grants.
As per the eligibility conditions, the college should be an
affiliated institution to a university and offer degree
courses, sources said.
The UGC has issued a circular to the registrars of all the
universities in this regard.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Modi govt 'promoting Brahmanism' in the name of 'Hindu Rashtravad': Arundhati Roy