Now, Yashwant Sinha supports Jaswant on Kanimozhi
Chandigarh: A day after senior BJP leader
Jaswant Singh questioned the rationale behind refusing bail to
A Raja and Kanimozhi, who are accused in the 2G spectrum scam,
Yashwant Sinha today supported the views of his party
Endorsing the opinion of Singh, he said, "Those who are in
jail have a right to seek bail."
The senior BJP leader was speaking with media here after
flagging off `Janjagran Abhiyan` of the party.
He said that a criminal has the right to move court to
get bail, adding that the issue of granting an alleged
criminal a bail or not falls under the purview of the courts.
Like Singh, Sinha too categorically said that his views
were personal and not that of the party.
Singh, in an interview to a private channel, had yesterday
reportedly wondered how both Raja and Kanimozhi could
interfere in the CBI investigations when the trial in the case
is already on.
After Jaswant Singh, Sinha became the second BJP leader to
speak out on issue of bail to Raja and Kanimozhi.
Sinha appreciated the move of civil society members,
including Anna Hazare, to involve political parties in framing
of Lokpal Bill.
He said that his personal opinion is that the Prime
Minister should also be under the ambit of Lokpal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31