Now, YRS Congress gives notice for no-confidence motion against UPA govt
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: After six Congress MP`s from Seemandhra region, the YSR Congress Party on Monday also gave notice for no-confidence motion against the Manmohan Singh government.
Earlier today six Congress MP`s from Seemandhra region gave notice for moving a no-confidence motion against the UPA government.
Spelling more trouble on the contentious issue of the creation of a separate state of Telangana, R Sambasiva Rao, Sabbam Hari, V Arun Kumar, A Saiprathap, L Rajagopal and G V Harshakumar wrote to Speaker Meira Kumar on the matter.
They have sought permission to move a motion expressing no-confidence in the Union Council of Ministers under Rule 198 of the Rules of Procedures and Conduct of Business in the Lok Sabha.
Any move to bring a no-confidence motion requires the support of some 50 odd members, ten per cent of the membership of the House.
Members of Parliament from the Seemandhra region have been opposed to the creation of the new state of Telangana. The TDP too have voiced their protest against the division of Andhra Pradesh in the Parliament.
Massive protests have been witnessed in the region in Andhra Pradesh in the past months. After the Union Cabinet approved the draft state reorganisation bill last week, based on the recommendations of a Group of Ministers, a bandh call given by several parties including TDP and YSR Congress.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt