Now, YRS Congress gives notice for no-confidence motion against UPA govt
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: After six Congress MP`s from Seemandhra region, the YSR Congress Party on Monday also gave notice for no-confidence motion against the Manmohan Singh government.
Earlier today six Congress MP`s from Seemandhra region gave notice for moving a no-confidence motion against the UPA government.
Spelling more trouble on the contentious issue of the creation of a separate state of Telangana, R Sambasiva Rao, Sabbam Hari, V Arun Kumar, A Saiprathap, L Rajagopal and G V Harshakumar wrote to Speaker Meira Kumar on the matter.
They have sought permission to move a motion expressing no-confidence in the Union Council of Ministers under Rule 198 of the Rules of Procedures and Conduct of Business in the Lok Sabha.
Any move to bring a no-confidence motion requires the support of some 50 odd members, ten per cent of the membership of the House.
Members of Parliament from the Seemandhra region have been opposed to the creation of the new state of Telangana. The TDP too have voiced their protest against the division of Andhra Pradesh in the Parliament.
Massive protests have been witnessed in the region in Andhra Pradesh in the past months. After the Union Cabinet approved the draft state reorganisation bill last week, based on the recommendations of a Group of Ministers, a bandh call given by several parties including TDP and YSR Congress.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145