NRHM scam: CBI quizzes ASHA workers
Jaunpur: Four-member CBI team today questioned ASHA (Accredited Social Health Activists) workers at the CMO office here, in connection with the multi crore NRHM scam.
Official sources said that the CBI team revisited the CMO office this morning and questioned 60 ASHA workers posted in 18 blocks.
Yesterday, they had questioned ten ASHA workers posted in Karanjakala , Sikrara and other blocks of the district besides going through various documents.
Earlier too, CBI had raided the local CMO office thrice, sources said adding, besides other officials and employees two to three former CMOs of the district are said to be involved in the scam.
During the earlier raids, the CBI had also taken away some documents, sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet