NRHM scam: CBI quizzes ASHA workers
Jaunpur: Four-member CBI team today questioned ASHA (Accredited Social Health Activists) workers at the CMO office here, in connection with the multi crore NRHM scam.
Official sources said that the CBI team revisited the CMO office this morning and questioned 60 ASHA workers posted in 18 blocks.
Yesterday, they had questioned ten ASHA workers posted in Karanjakala , Sikrara and other blocks of the district besides going through various documents.
Earlier too, CBI had raided the local CMO office thrice, sources said adding, besides other officials and employees two to three former CMOs of the district are said to be involved in the scam.
During the earlier raids, the CBI had also taken away some documents, sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?