NRHM scam: CBI registers 23 new preliminary enquiry
New Delhi: CBI today registered 23 new enquiries in connection with alleged irregularities in the implementation of centrally funded National Rural Health Mission in various districts in Uttar Pradesh.
CBI sources said the enquiries have been registered in connection with alleged irregularities in the implementation of NRHM scheme in these districts.
They said the enquiries have been registered regarding alleged misuse of funds by district health authorities of Allahabad, Sultanpur, Azamgarh, Shahjahanpur, Bareilly, Bijnore, Banda, Moradabad, Gonda, Agra and Balrampur among others.
The sources said the alleged misappropriation of funds is not as big as it was in previous cases registered by it and deals with misuse by district officials.
A preliminary enquiry is first formal step to start an investigation which might be converted to an FIR in case some prima facie evidence is collected by the agency.
CBI has registered over 17 cases in connection with National Rural Health Mission irregularities in Uttar Pradesh in which it has accused former family welfare minister of the state Babu Singh Kushwaha and secretary Pradeep Shukla among others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy