NRHM scam: CBI registers 23 new preliminary enquiry
New Delhi: CBI today registered 23 new enquiries in connection with alleged irregularities in the implementation of centrally funded National Rural Health Mission in various districts in Uttar Pradesh.
CBI sources said the enquiries have been registered in connection with alleged irregularities in the implementation of NRHM scheme in these districts.
They said the enquiries have been registered regarding alleged misuse of funds by district health authorities of Allahabad, Sultanpur, Azamgarh, Shahjahanpur, Bareilly, Bijnore, Banda, Moradabad, Gonda, Agra and Balrampur among others.
The sources said the alleged misappropriation of funds is not as big as it was in previous cases registered by it and deals with misuse by district officials.
A preliminary enquiry is first formal step to start an investigation which might be converted to an FIR in case some prima facie evidence is collected by the agency.
CBI has registered over 17 cases in connection with National Rural Health Mission irregularities in Uttar Pradesh in which it has accused former family welfare minister of the state Babu Singh Kushwaha and secretary Pradeep Shukla among others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation Part II
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters