NRHM scam: CBI registers 23 new preliminary enquiry
New Delhi: CBI today registered 23 new enquiries in connection with alleged irregularities in the implementation of centrally funded National Rural Health Mission in various districts in Uttar Pradesh.
CBI sources said the enquiries have been registered in connection with alleged irregularities in the implementation of NRHM scheme in these districts.
They said the enquiries have been registered regarding alleged misuse of funds by district health authorities of Allahabad, Sultanpur, Azamgarh, Shahjahanpur, Bareilly, Bijnore, Banda, Moradabad, Gonda, Agra and Balrampur among others.
The sources said the alleged misappropriation of funds is not as big as it was in previous cases registered by it and deals with misuse by district officials.
A preliminary enquiry is first formal step to start an investigation which might be converted to an FIR in case some prima facie evidence is collected by the agency.
CBI has registered over 17 cases in connection with National Rural Health Mission irregularities in Uttar Pradesh in which it has accused former family welfare minister of the state Babu Singh Kushwaha and secretary Pradeep Shukla among others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!