NRHM scam: CBI registers 23 new preliminary enquiry
New Delhi: CBI today registered 23 new enquiries in connection with alleged irregularities in the implementation of centrally funded National Rural Health Mission in various districts in Uttar Pradesh.
CBI sources said the enquiries have been registered in connection with alleged irregularities in the implementation of NRHM scheme in these districts.
They said the enquiries have been registered regarding alleged misuse of funds by district health authorities of Allahabad, Sultanpur, Azamgarh, Shahjahanpur, Bareilly, Bijnore, Banda, Moradabad, Gonda, Agra and Balrampur among others.
The sources said the alleged misappropriation of funds is not as big as it was in previous cases registered by it and deals with misuse by district officials.
A preliminary enquiry is first formal step to start an investigation which might be converted to an FIR in case some prima facie evidence is collected by the agency.
CBI has registered over 17 cases in connection with National Rural Health Mission irregularities in Uttar Pradesh in which it has accused former family welfare minister of the state Babu Singh Kushwaha and secretary Pradeep Shukla among others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt