NRHM scam: Kushwaha, Jaiswal sent to judicial custody
Ghaziabad: A special CBI court here on Tuesday remanded former UP Minister Babu Singh Kushwaha and former BSP MLA Ram Pratap Jaiswal in judicial custody for 14 days in the multi-crore rupee NRHM scam in the state.
The two politicians, arrested on March 3, were produced in the CBI court after the expiry of their 10 days custody with CBI.
The agency sought the extension of their custody for another four days. However, the plea was turned down by the CBI court, which remanded the duo in 14 days judicial custody.
The court also declined CBI plea for the custody of another accused Saurabh Jain, who too had been produced before the court by it after the expiry of his police remand. Kushwaha and Jaiswal were later taken to Dasna district jail.
Dasna district jail Superintendent Viresh Raj Sharma said Kushwaha and Jaiswal will be lodged in the high security barrack number 7A, where other accused in NRHM scam are also kept.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"
- JNU protest: Kejriwal hits out at PM Modi, says targetting innocents will prove costly to him