NRHM scam: Kushwaha, Jaiswal sent to judicial custody
Ghaziabad: A special CBI court here on Tuesday remanded former UP Minister Babu Singh Kushwaha and former BSP MLA Ram Pratap Jaiswal in judicial custody for 14 days in the multi-crore rupee NRHM scam in the state.
The two politicians, arrested on March 3, were produced in the CBI court after the expiry of their 10 days custody with CBI.
The agency sought the extension of their custody for another four days. However, the plea was turned down by the CBI court, which remanded the duo in 14 days judicial custody.
The court also declined CBI plea for the custody of another accused Saurabh Jain, who too had been produced before the court by it after the expiry of his police remand. Kushwaha and Jaiswal were later taken to Dasna district jail.
Dasna district jail Superintendent Viresh Raj Sharma said Kushwaha and Jaiswal will be lodged in the high security barrack number 7A, where other accused in NRHM scam are also kept.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation