NRI alleges cheating in land deal in Goa
Panaji: A UK-based NRI and chairman of a
hotel group, which has investment interests in Goa`s
hospitality sector, has alleged that he was threatened here
with dire consequences by two local businessmen over a land
deal in the state.
Chairman of Hotel Country India Pvt Limited Charnesh
Kapoor along with company`s director Farid Khan, both UK-based
NRIs, approached police yesterday to lodge a complaint against
a brother duo Bhushan Kadam and Atul Kadam for allegedly
threatening them at a five star hotel here after cheating them
in a land deal.
"We had already paid Rs 13.8 crore to the accused, who
forged the documents and misled us in the land deal," Kapoor
said at the police station.
As per the complaint, they have a rift with the accused
over alleged forged land documents.
"While in one case, the land belonged to a person who has
died 15 years ago while in another case, the land was a
government property," Kapoor said.
He said that they would file a case of forgery against
the brother duo with Delhi police as all the papers were
signed in Delhi between both the parties.
Kadam brothers` name had also cropped up during
controversial marriage registration of Bollywood actor Sanjay
Dutt. In the records produced before marriage registration
authority, Dutt had shown Kadam`s residence as his address in
Goa. The marriage registration was cancelled after state
government inquiry revealed that Dutt was not staying with
Kadam family in Margao town.
Kapoor and Khan had flown from Delhi to collect money
which they had paid to the accused over last few years to get
a land in the state to set up a hotel project.
"Entire transaction was done through proper channel. It
was foreign direct investment (FDI) and the transfers were
done as per Reserve Bank of India (RBI) guidelines," Kapoor
The hotel group claims to have invested Rs 160 crore in
and around Delhi in commercial buildings and media. Entire
group is worth USD 300 million, he said.
"Our Goa project is envisaged to the tune of Rs 250
crore," Kapoor added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads - Part II
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Ravindra Jadeja gets engaged to Rajkot-based mechanical engineer Reeva Solanki
- 'Selfie' with Bulandshahr DM B Chandrakala lands 18-year-old in jail
- Smoking hot! Deepika Padukone's first look in 'xXx' with Vin Diesel creates storm!