NRI entrepreneur, two others honoured in UK
London: A leading NRI entrepreneur and two other people have been honoured here for their outstanding contribution to Heart and Stroke Research and their support to the Northwick Park Institute for Medical Research.
Atul Pathak, the managing director of Appt Corporation Limited, Northwick Park Institute for Medical Research founder Colin Green and Dominic Grieve, MP, Attorney General, received a trophy each for their "invaluable support over the years”.
The trophy was handed over to them by Dr Rami Ranger, the chairman of the Golden Heart Club, here last night.
"I am really humbled to accept the award," Pathak said after receiving the award.
The Northwick Park Institute, Ranger said, was set up in 1994 and is one of the UK`s leading charity-based independent Medical Research Institutes, working to translate ground-breaking medical research into patient care.
It is affiliated with University College London which is consistently rated as one of the top five medical schools in the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?