NRI killed in France; Indian friend arrested
Hoshiarpur: An NRI was stabbed to death in
France after some petty dispute allegedly by one of his room
mates, who was also an Indian.
The family of Balwinder Singh (26) alias Bunty hailing
from Bhuna village here received the tragic new last evening
from one of his friends in Paris, family sources said today.
Balwinder had been in Paris for the past seven years. He
had been working there and residing with eight other NRIs
belonging to neighbouring villages of Bhuna.
Yesterday, one of his room mates informed the family on
telephone that Balwinder was murdered by Rinku of Miani
village who also had been working there.
Following a heated argument, the duo had a scuffle and
Rinku attacked Balwinder with some sharp edged weapon killing
him on the spot. Rinku was arrested by the police of France.
Efforts have been initiated to bring home the body.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam