NRI killed in France; Indian friend arrested
Hoshiarpur: An NRI was stabbed to death in
France after some petty dispute allegedly by one of his room
mates, who was also an Indian.
The family of Balwinder Singh (26) alias Bunty hailing
from Bhuna village here received the tragic new last evening
from one of his friends in Paris, family sources said today.
Balwinder had been in Paris for the past seven years. He
had been working there and residing with eight other NRIs
belonging to neighbouring villages of Bhuna.
Yesterday, one of his room mates informed the family on
telephone that Balwinder was murdered by Rinku of Miani
village who also had been working there.
Following a heated argument, the duo had a scuffle and
Rinku attacked Balwinder with some sharp edged weapon killing
him on the spot. Rinku was arrested by the police of France.
Efforts have been initiated to bring home the body.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- When Kareena Kapoor Khan got 'emotional' while walking Lakme Fashion Week runway
- Two dead, 41 hurt in bus crash involving Louisiana flood-relief volunteers
- Three accused of 2009 Sri Lanka cricket team attack killed, claims Pakistan
- Heart failure among the aged may triple by 2060
- Shahid Kapoor holding his newly born daughter is the cutest thing you will see today! – Pic inside