NRI killed in France; Indian friend arrested
Hoshiarpur: An NRI was stabbed to death in
France after some petty dispute allegedly by one of his room
mates, who was also an Indian.
The family of Balwinder Singh (26) alias Bunty hailing
from Bhuna village here received the tragic new last evening
from one of his friends in Paris, family sources said today.
Balwinder had been in Paris for the past seven years. He
had been working there and residing with eight other NRIs
belonging to neighbouring villages of Bhuna.
Yesterday, one of his room mates informed the family on
telephone that Balwinder was murdered by Rinku of Miani
village who also had been working there.
Following a heated argument, the duo had a scuffle and
Rinku attacked Balwinder with some sharp edged weapon killing
him on the spot. Rinku was arrested by the police of France.
Efforts have been initiated to bring home the body.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Samajwadi Party feud LIVE: Mulayam sacks Ram Gopal Yadav from party for six years; Shivpal says he is corrupt, involved with BJP