NRI killed in France; Indian friend arrested
Hoshiarpur: An NRI was stabbed to death in
France after some petty dispute allegedly by one of his room
mates, who was also an Indian.
The family of Balwinder Singh (26) alias Bunty hailing
from Bhuna village here received the tragic new last evening
from one of his friends in Paris, family sources said today.
Balwinder had been in Paris for the past seven years. He
had been working there and residing with eight other NRIs
belonging to neighbouring villages of Bhuna.
Yesterday, one of his room mates informed the family on
telephone that Balwinder was murdered by Rinku of Miani
village who also had been working there.
Following a heated argument, the duo had a scuffle and
Rinku attacked Balwinder with some sharp edged weapon killing
him on the spot. Rinku was arrested by the police of France.
Efforts have been initiated to bring home the body.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH