NRI killed in France; Indian friend arrested
Hoshiarpur: An NRI was stabbed to death in
France after some petty dispute allegedly by one of his room
mates, who was also an Indian.
The family of Balwinder Singh (26) alias Bunty hailing
from Bhuna village here received the tragic new last evening
from one of his friends in Paris, family sources said today.
Balwinder had been in Paris for the past seven years. He
had been working there and residing with eight other NRIs
belonging to neighbouring villages of Bhuna.
Yesterday, one of his room mates informed the family on
telephone that Balwinder was murdered by Rinku of Miani
village who also had been working there.
Following a heated argument, the duo had a scuffle and
Rinku attacked Balwinder with some sharp edged weapon killing
him on the spot. Rinku was arrested by the police of France.
Efforts have been initiated to bring home the body.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'