NRI youth`s murder: Three more arrested
New Delhi: Three more persons were arrested today in NRI youth Anmol Sarna`s murder case for allegedly helping his friends in procuring drugs consumed during a party on the night of the incident.
This takes the total number of arrests in connection with the incident to nine on charges of murder and consumption of narcotics.
Police refused to give the names of those arrested from Noida today and said all of them have been held under Narcotics Drugs and Psychotropic Substances (NDPS) Act. Police are yet to arrest the main supplier of the drug.
Anmol Sarna died on the intervening night of Friday and Saturday after he attended a party at one of his friend`s house at South Park Apartments in Kalkaji.
The police had said Anmol and his friends --Shivank, Madhav, Ritham and Pranil --consumed drugs in Pranil`s bedroom.
Surender Bali (40) and Naresh Mishra (60), guards posted at the South Park Apartments, have been arrested under section 302 (murder) of Indian Penal Code for causing grievious head injuries to Sarna with batons after the NRI allegedly created ruckus at duplex house of Pranil Shah.
Sarna`s four friends, Shivang, Madhav Bhandari, Rhythm Girhotra and Pranil Shah, all in their 20s, have already been arrested under section 27 of the Narcotics Drugs and Psychotropic Substances Act for consumption of the contraband drug.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145