NRI youth`s murder: Three more arrested
New Delhi: Three more persons were arrested today in NRI youth Anmol Sarna`s murder case for allegedly helping his friends in procuring drugs consumed during a party on the night of the incident.
This takes the total number of arrests in connection with the incident to nine on charges of murder and consumption of narcotics.
Police refused to give the names of those arrested from Noida today and said all of them have been held under Narcotics Drugs and Psychotropic Substances (NDPS) Act. Police are yet to arrest the main supplier of the drug.
Anmol Sarna died on the intervening night of Friday and Saturday after he attended a party at one of his friend`s house at South Park Apartments in Kalkaji.
The police had said Anmol and his friends --Shivank, Madhav, Ritham and Pranil --consumed drugs in Pranil`s bedroom.
Surender Bali (40) and Naresh Mishra (60), guards posted at the South Park Apartments, have been arrested under section 302 (murder) of Indian Penal Code for causing grievious head injuries to Sarna with batons after the NRI allegedly created ruckus at duplex house of Pranil Shah.
Sarna`s four friends, Shivang, Madhav Bhandari, Rhythm Girhotra and Pranil Shah, all in their 20s, have already been arrested under section 27 of the Narcotics Drugs and Psychotropic Substances Act for consumption of the contraband drug.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Akshay Kumar’s avatar in John Abraham, Varun Dhawan starrer ‘Dishoom’ will surprise you– See pic
- Bangladesh police storm militant hideout, kill 9 Islamist extremists in Dhaka
- Anita Hassanandani, Rohit Reddy’s Maldives trip will give you vacation goals- See Pics
- India will never forget sacrifices of soldiers: PM Narendra Modi on Kargil Vijay Diwas
- Flirt with the waves a la Lisa Haydon – Watch video