NSA asked to tackle cyber security threat
On Board PM`s Special Aircraft: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh has directed the National Security Advisor to find a viable policy to tackle cyber terrorism threat.
"I have been asking my NSA to zero in the gaps to find a viable policy to tackle the menace of cyber terrorism threat," Singh said.
The remarks were made in the backdrop of the exodus of NorthEastern people triggered by the rumours spread through using cyber space which carried morphed images and inflammatory videos after the Assam violence.
Other issues on which the Prime Minister spoke to the media on his return from Tehran included Lokpal Bill, Assam violence, Naxalism and growing communal tension in country.
On Lokpal Bill, Singh said "I have always been in favour of bringing the Prime Minister (under the ambit of Lokpal)...I have said that many times and I repeat I am not afraid for myself....
"This matter is before Select Committee of Lok Sabha. The Bill is in the court of Parliament. Whatever the outcome, we will respect that", he said.
Asked about issues which gives him "sleepless nights", he
said "When I look to the future of our country, the way things have gone in Assam, the ethnic tension that disrupted peace in Assam, that part of Assam which under Bodoland Territorial Administration, is certainly (one of them)....
"Similarly, the fact that thousands and thousands of people (from the region) living in various parts of the country, in Bangalore and Hyderabad choses to leave..They do not feel secured. This is not good for national unity and national cohesion.
"The growing communal tension is yet another area where I sincerely believe all the right-thinking people should sit together and control this menace", Singh said.
He said "the Nnaxalism is yet another menace which, if not controlled, can hurt both our national cohesion as well as the rate of economic development for the country. If you look at the Naxalism-affected areas, all these areas are very rich in minerals. If that mineral belt of India is to be exploited for the benefit of our people, then we need peace."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why