NSA heads for China Saturday, boundary on agenda
New Delhi: Against the backdrop of India`s growing concerns over the China-Pakistan nuclear deal, National Security Adviser Shivshankar Menon goes to Beijing on Saturday to discuss a host of issues, including the boundary dispute.
Menon will be visiting Beijing as special envoy to the prime minister of India, the external affairs ministry said here Thursday.
During his four-day visit, Menon, India`s special representative for boundary talks, is expected to discuss the boundary dispute with China`s Vice Foreign Minister Dai Bingguo.
He will also meet Chinese Foreign Minister Yang Jiechi and discuss bilateral issues.
In his talks, Menon is expected to seek more details about China`s plan to build two additional nuclear reactors for Pakistan, a contentious deal that has evoked much concern in New Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy