NSA Menon meets Hillary in Washington
Washington: National Security Advisor Shivshankar Menon has discussed bilateral and regional issues,
including the upcoming Strategic Dialogue in New Delhi, as he
met US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and his American
counterpart Tom Donilon.
Menon arrived in Washington to review the
implementation of initiatives launched during the November
visit of US President Barack Obama to India.
Menon also discussed preparations for the upcoming
Strategic Dialogue in New Delhi.
In April, Clinton would lead a high-powered US
delegation to India.
The NSA first met Under Secretary of State for
Political Affairs William Burns. Thereafter, he met Clinton at
the Foggy Bottom headquarters of the State Department.
Later in the day, Menon met his American counterpart
Tom Donilon at the White House.
Menon`s visit to the US has been at the invitation of
The details of the meetings were not immediately
"Our US-India Strategic Dialogue is premised on our
strong support for India’s role as an important actor on the
international stage," US State Department spokesman PJ
Crowley had said on Thursday ahead of the meeting.
He is scheduled to continue with his meetings today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof