NSA Shivshankar Menon visits Dhaka
Dhaka: India`s National Security Advisor Shivshankar Menon has held comprehensive talks with top Bangladeshi officials ahead of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh`s Sep 6-7 visit here.
Menon, who arrived here Sunday, held talks with Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina`s Economic Affairs Adviser Mashiur Rahman and International Affairs Adviser Gowher Rizvi.
the Daily Star quoted sources as saying that they deliberated upon the agreements to be signed during Manmohan Singh`s Dhaka visit.
Dhaka and New Delhi are expected to sign about a dozen accords in areas including water sharing, usage of seaports, connectivity, import of electricity and land boundary.
Menon is here to fine-tune the agreements and the agenda of the summit, said diplomatic sources.
The two countries are giving final touches to around a dozen agreements and Memoranda of Understanding (MoU).
Manmohan Singh arrives in Dhaka Sep 6 noon and leaves the next evening.
The media report said Manmohan Singh`s trip would be the first fullfledged visit since Indira Gandhi visited Bangladesh in 1970s.
After Indira Gandhi`s visit, Indian prime ministers Rajiv Gandhi, Chandra Shekhar, P.V. Narasimha Rao, Inder Kumar Gujral and Manmohan Singh came to Bangladesh only to attend SAARC summits, India-Bangladesh-Pakistan business summit or to visit flood and cyclone-ravaged areas.
Atal Bihari Vajpayee visited Bangladesh for a few hours to launch the Dhaka-Kolkata bus service in July 1999.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Japan, China, South Korea agree to urge North Korea to stop provocation
- Venus-Jupiter conjunction on August 27: Viewing tips! (Watch)
- Staying at budget hotels in Delhi to soon become cheaper
- Sonakshi Sinha looks dayum fresh after 'Akira' promotions! Picture proof
- Delhi University releases seventh cut-off list, admission process begins today