NSCN-IM members becoming arrogant?
Kohima: NSCN-IM `general secretary`
Thuingaleng Muivah is holding discussions with the group`s
rank and file on the peace talks to which it was committed to
and has asked its cadre to "shed" their pride and arrogance.
In a statement on Wednesday, Muivah said, "Let us shed our
pride and arrogance...Unless we take a decision to solve this
problem there is no solution."
The NSCN-IM had held a seven-day prayer and fast
meeting at its headquarters `Camp Hebron` near Dimapur and it
Sources said Muivah was holding discussions with the
group`s rank and file at the council`s headquarters on the
peace talks since he has been camping in the state.
At a recent function at Camp Hebron, both Muivah and
NSCN-IM `chairman` Issac Chishi Swu had expressed serious
concern over the degeneration of values among its members,
asserting that success of a political movement had much to do
with the moral strength of its leaders as well as followers.
"All the members took oath in the name of god to prove
themselves as faithful NSCN members," the release said.
Muivah arrived in Nagaland on March 18 after holding a
series of formal and informal talks with government leaders in
He announced that NSCN-IM was committed to carry
forward the Naga peace process towards finding an honourable
and acceptable solution to the decades-old political conflict.
NSCN-IM, which launched an armed resistance since
1980, agreed to a ceasefire with the government in August 1997
and since then over 60 rounds of talks were held between the
two sides to find a political settlement, acceptable to both
After a year-long stalemate, the peace dialogue was
resumed in the first week of this month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch