NSCN-IM members becoming arrogant?
Kohima: NSCN-IM `general secretary`
Thuingaleng Muivah is holding discussions with the group`s
rank and file on the peace talks to which it was committed to
and has asked its cadre to "shed" their pride and arrogance.
In a statement on Wednesday, Muivah said, "Let us shed our
pride and arrogance...Unless we take a decision to solve this
problem there is no solution."
The NSCN-IM had held a seven-day prayer and fast
meeting at its headquarters `Camp Hebron` near Dimapur and it
Sources said Muivah was holding discussions with the
group`s rank and file at the council`s headquarters on the
peace talks since he has been camping in the state.
At a recent function at Camp Hebron, both Muivah and
NSCN-IM `chairman` Issac Chishi Swu had expressed serious
concern over the degeneration of values among its members,
asserting that success of a political movement had much to do
with the moral strength of its leaders as well as followers.
"All the members took oath in the name of god to prove
themselves as faithful NSCN members," the release said.
Muivah arrived in Nagaland on March 18 after holding a
series of formal and informal talks with government leaders in
He announced that NSCN-IM was committed to carry
forward the Naga peace process towards finding an honourable
and acceptable solution to the decades-old political conflict.
NSCN-IM, which launched an armed resistance since
1980, agreed to a ceasefire with the government in August 1997
and since then over 60 rounds of talks were held between the
two sides to find a political settlement, acceptable to both
After a year-long stalemate, the peace dialogue was
resumed in the first week of this month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM