NSG, Army come together to help 26/11 commando
New Delhi: It is going to be a new beginning
for` black cat` commando PV Manesh, who was left paralysed
after fighting terrorists during the 26/11 Mumbai attacks.
The NSG and the Army have come together to help the
`hero` in more ways than one even ensuring his posting from
Jammu and Kashmir to his home state Kerala.
Manesh, who was awarded a Shaurya Chakra for his gallant
action, will soon also be presented a `Modified Auto Scooter`
at an Army `mela` as the injuries he received from deadly
shrapnels had left him paralysed with a restricted movement.
On recommendation of NSG to the Army, Manesh has now been
permanently posted to the Army`s 122 Infantry battalion in his
home state Kerala, changing his earlier posting to his parent
unit 27 Madras in operationally active Jammu and Kashmir.
"Manesh has been recommended to be posted in Kerala as he
is getting his ayurveda treatment done there. During the
Mumbai attack he suffered serious head injuries from a
grenade blast and he was recommended physiotherapy to
recuperate," an officer of the NSG`s 51 Special Action Group
Manesh (35) was a commando of the elite anti-terror 51
SAG and was a part of the crack team that cleared Oberoi
hotel from terrorists in Mumbai in November 2008.
"Both the NSG and the Army are my families. I feel very
happy that they have gone out of way to help me," Manesh said to a news agency over phone from his village in Kannur district of Kerala.
The 51 SAG officer described how Manesh was allowed to
extend by six-months his deputation in the NSG to ensure that
he can avail his medical benefits.
"The SAG commander wrote to the NSG headquarters to
extend his deputation on lenient grounds and the headquarters
then requested the same to the Army which was agreed upon. He
is lucky to have received such love from both of his units,"
the officer said.
The National Security Guard (NSG) and the Army also
ensured that Manesh was awarded the entire compensation of
about Rs 5 lakh in quick time.
The compensation included the Prime Minister`s fund,
Maharashtra government fund and that from the welfare funds
of the NSG and the Army.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference