NSG, Army come together to help 26/11 commando
New Delhi: It is going to be a new beginning
for` black cat` commando PV Manesh, who was left paralysed
after fighting terrorists during the 26/11 Mumbai attacks.
The NSG and the Army have come together to help the
`hero` in more ways than one even ensuring his posting from
Jammu and Kashmir to his home state Kerala.
Manesh, who was awarded a Shaurya Chakra for his gallant
action, will soon also be presented a `Modified Auto Scooter`
at an Army `mela` as the injuries he received from deadly
shrapnels had left him paralysed with a restricted movement.
On recommendation of NSG to the Army, Manesh has now been
permanently posted to the Army`s 122 Infantry battalion in his
home state Kerala, changing his earlier posting to his parent
unit 27 Madras in operationally active Jammu and Kashmir.
"Manesh has been recommended to be posted in Kerala as he
is getting his ayurveda treatment done there. During the
Mumbai attack he suffered serious head injuries from a
grenade blast and he was recommended physiotherapy to
recuperate," an officer of the NSG`s 51 Special Action Group
Manesh (35) was a commando of the elite anti-terror 51
SAG and was a part of the crack team that cleared Oberoi
hotel from terrorists in Mumbai in November 2008.
"Both the NSG and the Army are my families. I feel very
happy that they have gone out of way to help me," Manesh said to a news agency over phone from his village in Kannur district of Kerala.
The 51 SAG officer described how Manesh was allowed to
extend by six-months his deputation in the NSG to ensure that
he can avail his medical benefits.
"The SAG commander wrote to the NSG headquarters to
extend his deputation on lenient grounds and the headquarters
then requested the same to the Army which was agreed upon. He
is lucky to have received such love from both of his units,"
the officer said.
The National Security Guard (NSG) and the Army also
ensured that Manesh was awarded the entire compensation of
about Rs 5 lakh in quick time.
The compensation included the Prime Minister`s fund,
Maharashtra government fund and that from the welfare funds
of the NSG and the Army.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- CBSE Board 12th XII Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced today at 12 Noon