NSG cheques were given to officials
New Delhi: While the government has said that all cheques sent in the name of NSG commandos, who were involved in the 26/11 Mumbai operations, were returned, one instance indicates that cheques worth Rs 10 lakh were handed over to individual officials.
The NSG headquarters, which issued a statement on Saturday to refute charges of former commando Surender Singh, who along with activist Arvind Kejriwal, had levelled a number of allegations of financial irregularities, chronicles one such instance.
"A cheque of Rs 2.5 lakh each was disbursed by Royal Western India Turf Club in the name of only four Army personnel namely Captain A K Singh, Naik Manish Kumar, Commando Sunil Kumar Jodha, Commando Sunil Kumar Yadav," the NSG statement said without elaborating.
Sources said these cheques were directly received and distributed by the 51 Special Action Group (SAG), the counter-terror unit which conducted the said operation, and the force headquarters had no information on these.
The NSG, in the same breath, had said in today`s statement that a personal cheque of Rs 2 lakh for Surender Singh was returned to the sender.
Both the NSG and the Army, in their statements, had categorically stated that on the instruction of their nodal ministries (Home and Home), personal cheques were never taken and they were returned with an appeal that these could only be accepted if they are issued in the name of `NSG welfare fund`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP