NSG cheques were given to officials
New Delhi: While the government has said that all cheques sent in the name of NSG commandos, who were involved in the 26/11 Mumbai operations, were returned, one instance indicates that cheques worth Rs 10 lakh were handed over to individual officials.
The NSG headquarters, which issued a statement on Saturday to refute charges of former commando Surender Singh, who along with activist Arvind Kejriwal, had levelled a number of allegations of financial irregularities, chronicles one such instance.
"A cheque of Rs 2.5 lakh each was disbursed by Royal Western India Turf Club in the name of only four Army personnel namely Captain A K Singh, Naik Manish Kumar, Commando Sunil Kumar Jodha, Commando Sunil Kumar Yadav," the NSG statement said without elaborating.
Sources said these cheques were directly received and distributed by the 51 Special Action Group (SAG), the counter-terror unit which conducted the said operation, and the force headquarters had no information on these.
The NSG, in the same breath, had said in today`s statement that a personal cheque of Rs 2 lakh for Surender Singh was returned to the sender.
Both the NSG and the Army, in their statements, had categorically stated that on the instruction of their nodal ministries (Home and Home), personal cheques were never taken and they were returned with an appeal that these could only be accepted if they are issued in the name of `NSG welfare fund`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure