NSG commandos pay tribute to comrades slain in 26/11 ops
Manesar: NSG commandos on Friday paid tribute
to their slain comrades Major Sandeep Unnikrishnan and
Havildar Gajinder Singh, who sacrificed their life during the
26/11 attack in Mumbai last year.
The commandos laid floral wreath and saluted the
martyrs memorial at the garrison here.
Commanders of the anti-hijack, anti-terror and VIP
security units also paid homage to the martyrs, an NSG officer
While Unnikrishnan lost his life at hotel Taj, Singh
was martyred during the operation at Nariman House. Both the
commandos belonged to the 51 SAG of the elite counter terror
The Ashok Chakra, the nation’s highest peacetime
gallantry award was given to both Unnikrishnan and Singh.
The NSG ended the terror siege, that lasted nearly 60
hours, on the financial metropolis by killing eight LeT
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Are educational institutions becoming a tool to showcase anti-national agendas?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Maharajganj
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- DNA: Post demonetisation, India records 7% GDP growth rate in Q3
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'
- Gurmehar-ABVP ruckus: Virender Sehwag represents BCCI not India, says Umar Khalid
- No AC, mattress for Sasikala in prison, confirms DIG; may not be shifted to Chennai jail