NSG commandos pay tribute to comrades slain in 26/11 ops
Manesar: NSG commandos on Friday paid tribute
to their slain comrades Major Sandeep Unnikrishnan and
Havildar Gajinder Singh, who sacrificed their life during the
26/11 attack in Mumbai last year.
The commandos laid floral wreath and saluted the
martyrs memorial at the garrison here.
Commanders of the anti-hijack, anti-terror and VIP
security units also paid homage to the martyrs, an NSG officer
While Unnikrishnan lost his life at hotel Taj, Singh
was martyred during the operation at Nariman House. Both the
commandos belonged to the 51 SAG of the elite counter terror
The Ashok Chakra, the nation’s highest peacetime
gallantry award was given to both Unnikrishnan and Singh.
The NSG ended the terror siege, that lasted nearly 60
hours, on the financial metropolis by killing eight LeT
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya