NSG commandos to pack a punch with martial art
Gurgaon: In order to pack a lethal punch to
terrorists, the NSG has begun training its commandos deployed
as `Sky Marshals` and on VIP security in a new form of
Philipino martial art which teaches only offensive action
leading to immediate neutralisation of the opponent.
"The commandos are now being trained in Pekiti-Tirsia Kali
- a traditional form of unarmed combat and martial arts which
originated in the Philippines. This will be essentially
imparted to our commandos who serve as Sky Marshals and
protect VIPs," NSG chief R K Medhekar said at the forces`
raising day at Manesar garrison here.
"In this form of unarmed combat, there is no defense as
compared to Judo or Karate. It is only offense and the
commando rares to eliminate the opponent right from the word
go," the NSG Director General said.
Under its counter-hijack charter of duties, the National
Security Guard (NSG) deploys an elite contingent of its
commandos as `Sky Marshals` aboard passenger aircrafts flying
on sensitive air routes. Even if they are armed, an unarmed
combat and elimination of the hijacker is the first option of
a `Sky Marshal`.
According to NSG sources, this form of unarmed combat is
practised by the commandos and special agents of few elite
forces of the world.
In `Pekiti-Tirsia Kali` special emphasis is given to close
quarter combat and the practitioner coils himself in such a
stance that ensures generation of a powerful strike while
keeping oneself evasive of the opponents hit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video