NSG website comes under hacker attack
New Delhi: Hackers have breached into the
official website of the country`s elite counter terror and
anti-hijack commando force National Security Guards (NSG).
The website -- www.nsg.gov.in -- and some official
e-mail domains of the force were corrupted recently in a
suspected hacking attempt, NSG sources said.
The website domain has not suffered much damage and a
technical probe has been initiated to identify the source of
the attack which could have possibly existed outside the
country, they said.
The passwords of the official emails of NSG units and
officials are also being renewed to keep them safe, they said.
The NSG web portal hosts a number of facilities,
including details of the tenders that the force procures for
operational and administrative purposes.
The portal is maintained by the technical wing of the
force based at the headquarters here, in consultation with the
National Informatics Centre (NIC).
Recently, the official portal of the Central Bureau of
Investigation (CBI) was also targeted by hackers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- Superstar Shah Rukh Khan's CPL franchise is now Trinbago Knight Riders
- 'Heartbroken' Virat Kohli deletes, then re-posts his sad pic
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what