NSUI chief suspended from party over attack on Reliance
Hyderabad: APCC today expelled former
state president of National Students Union of India Ch
Vamsichand Reddy from the party for a period of six years for
indulging in gross indiscipline and anti-party activities.
"The PCC president D Srinivas accepted the
recommendation of the APCC screening and enquiry committee and
ordered the expulsion of Vamsichand from the primary
membership of the party for a period of six years with
immediate effect," party general secretary Rapolu Ananda
Bhaskar said in a statement today.
Vamsichand alleged sent out SMSes on January 7 asking
the party cadres to attack Reliance outlets in the state even
before some select Telugu television news channels aired a
speculative story on former Chief Minister Y S Rajasekhara
Reddy`s helicopter crash.
He was arrested by on January 10 and sent to
Chanchalguda jail but was subsequently released on bail.
The PCC issued a show cause notice to Vamsichand
on the 9th seeking an explanation on the entire issue to which
he replied on the 12th.
"The APCC screening and enquiry committee informed
that it verified all the factual information and came to the
conclusion that Vamsi`s reply is not satisfactory," he said.
"As it attracted a lot of embarrassment to the party
and is thoroughly against party discipline and principles, the
committee recommended immediate expulsion of Vamsi from the
party," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack