NSUI chief suspended from party over attack on Reliance
Hyderabad: APCC today expelled former
state president of National Students Union of India Ch
Vamsichand Reddy from the party for a period of six years for
indulging in gross indiscipline and anti-party activities.
"The PCC president D Srinivas accepted the
recommendation of the APCC screening and enquiry committee and
ordered the expulsion of Vamsichand from the primary
membership of the party for a period of six years with
immediate effect," party general secretary Rapolu Ananda
Bhaskar said in a statement today.
Vamsichand alleged sent out SMSes on January 7 asking
the party cadres to attack Reliance outlets in the state even
before some select Telugu television news channels aired a
speculative story on former Chief Minister Y S Rajasekhara
Reddy`s helicopter crash.
He was arrested by on January 10 and sent to
Chanchalguda jail but was subsequently released on bail.
The PCC issued a show cause notice to Vamsichand
on the 9th seeking an explanation on the entire issue to which
he replied on the 12th.
"The APCC screening and enquiry committee informed
that it verified all the factual information and came to the
conclusion that Vamsi`s reply is not satisfactory," he said.
"As it attracted a lot of embarrassment to the party
and is thoroughly against party discipline and principles, the
committee recommended immediate expulsion of Vamsi from the
party," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets