Nuclear safety bill to be taken up in next session: Minister
New Delhi: Discussion on the key Nuclear Safety Regulatory Authority (NSRA) Bill is likely to take place in the next Parliament session, Government on Friday said.
The minister for state, personnel, public grievances and pension and PMO, V Narayanasamy, said that the bill was presently in the Lok Sabha but as the Monsoon Session will conclude tomorrow, the discussion might take place in the next session.
"The Bill has gone to Lok Sabha. I have requested the Lok Sabha Speaker to take it up for discussion. We have session only till tommorrow. Only next session it is possible (to take up the bill for discussion)," Narayanasamy said on the sidelines of a nuclear energy conclave today.
The minister said that the NSRA bill, which was introduced by him in Parliament, had gone to the standing committee which had given its recommendations.
"The government adopted majority of the recommendations given by the committee and it has now come to the Lok Sabha," said the minister.
The bill aims to establish a legal framework to regulate nuclear and radiation safety. The Parliament panel had pitched for greater autonomy to the proposed statutory regulator for the nuclear sector among other recommendations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured