Nuclear safety bill to be taken up in next session: Minister
New Delhi: Discussion on the key Nuclear Safety Regulatory Authority (NSRA) Bill is likely to take place in the next Parliament session, Government on Friday said.
The minister for state, personnel, public grievances and pension and PMO, V Narayanasamy, said that the bill was presently in the Lok Sabha but as the Monsoon Session will conclude tomorrow, the discussion might take place in the next session.
"The Bill has gone to Lok Sabha. I have requested the Lok Sabha Speaker to take it up for discussion. We have session only till tommorrow. Only next session it is possible (to take up the bill for discussion)," Narayanasamy said on the sidelines of a nuclear energy conclave today.
The minister said that the NSRA bill, which was introduced by him in Parliament, had gone to the standing committee which had given its recommendations.
"The government adopted majority of the recommendations given by the committee and it has now come to the Lok Sabha," said the minister.
The bill aims to establish a legal framework to regulate nuclear and radiation safety. The Parliament panel had pitched for greater autonomy to the proposed statutory regulator for the nuclear sector among other recommendations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened