Number of complaint received by NCM has increased in 2013: Govt
New Delhi: The number of complaints made by the members of minority communities to National Commission for Minorities has witnessed a rise from 2,217 in 2012-13 to 2,638 in 2013-14, Rajya Sabha was informed on Tuesday.
Complaints received by the NCM from members of minority communities have seen a rise as their numbers rose to 2,638 in 2013-14 compared to 2,127 in the previous year, Minority Affairs Minister Najma Heptulla said in a written reply.
Heptulla said in 2014-15 (from April 1-June 30), 558 complaints were received. In 2011-12, the number of complaints was 2,439.
Giving details of the reports received and disposed by the NCM, she said that in 2013-14, 1,584 reports were closed while 516 were in process.
In 2014-15, out of the total 558 complaints received, 141 have been closed, 71 have been reports called and 346 were in the process.
"On receipt of complaints and grievances, the NCM takes appropriate action as per the provision of NCM Act 1992 and procedure adopted by the Commission," Heptulla said.
She informed the Rajya Sabha that Arunachal Pradesh, Goa, Gujarat, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu and Kashmir, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Odisha, Sikkim, Tripura, Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Chandigarh (UT), Daman and Diu, Dadra and Nagar Haveli, Lakshadweep and Puducherry are yet to set up Minority Commissions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'