Number of Indian Haj pilgrims crosses 1 lakh
Dubai: A total of 101,072 Indian pilgrims
have arrived in Saudi Arabia so far to perform the annual Haj
pilgrimage, Indian officials in the country have said.
According to the Consulate General of India in the Saudi
city of Jeddah, 97,405 pilgrims are presently in Makkah while
3,628 pilgrims are in Madinah.
A total of 356 flights have so far ferried pilgrims to
According to the consulate, as of Wednesday, 46 pilgrims
have died, out of which 39 came through Haj Committee of India
and seven through private tour operators.
The maximum number of Indian pilgrims, a total of 31,389,
have flown from Delhi so far while Lucknow has sent 12,485
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- Maruti Suzuki Swift ‘Deca’ teased
- Five effective natural home remedies for treating chikungunya!
- On mistreating women's hockey players: Indian Railways slams report, says players were not made to sit on floor
- Sushma Swaraj, John Kerry to co-chair India-US dialogue
- Watch: Urvashi Rautela gives a classical twist to Jacqueline Fernandez's 'Beat Pe Booty'