Number of Indian Haj pilgrims crosses 1 lakh
Dubai: A total of 101,072 Indian pilgrims
have arrived in Saudi Arabia so far to perform the annual Haj
pilgrimage, Indian officials in the country have said.
According to the Consulate General of India in the Saudi
city of Jeddah, 97,405 pilgrims are presently in Makkah while
3,628 pilgrims are in Madinah.
A total of 356 flights have so far ferried pilgrims to
According to the consulate, as of Wednesday, 46 pilgrims
have died, out of which 39 came through Haj Committee of India
and seven through private tour operators.
The maximum number of Indian pilgrims, a total of 31,389,
have flown from Delhi so far while Lucknow has sent 12,485
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit!
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"