Nupur Talwar misusing law: CBI tells SC
New Delhi: The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) told the Supreme Court on Wednesday that the Nupur Talwar - accused in the 2008 double murder of her daughter Aarushi and domestic help Hemraj – is “misusing the law”.
The CBI accused Nupur of adopting a “delaying tactics” by filing petitions in various courts and urged the apex court to dismiss her review petition.
The allegation by the CBI was made in a response filed on Nupur`s petition seeking review of apex court order of allowing her prosecution in the case.
The investigating agency, which had assured the court not to arrest her during the pendency of her plea, submitted that the apex court should not entertain it as it is for the trial court to appreciate the evidences against her and pass appropriate order.
The next hearing in the case is scheduled for Friday.
The development came days after the CBI assured the Supreme Court that it would not go ahead with Nupur Talwar’s arrest till her plea against the non-bailable warrant (NBW) is pending in the apex court.
The non-bailable warrant was issued against her by the special Ghaziabad court for not appearing for a hearing in the 2008 Aarushi-Hemraj double murder case.
In a bid to evade her arrest, Nupur had moved the Supreme Court challenging the non-bailable warrant issued against her by a Ghaziabad trial court.
The CBI had carried out searches at her premises in Delhi and neighbouring Noida on April 11 following the warrant issued against her, but had not been able to locate her.
The body of Aarushi was found with her throat slit at their Noida residence in May 2008. The body of their domestic help Hemraj was recovered from the terrace of the house hours later.
Investigation in the case was handed over to the CBI following public outrage over shoddy probe by the Uttar Pradesh police.
The CBI submitted its closure report last year in which it did not name the Talwar couple as an accused.
However, the special court at Ghaziabad decided to go ahead with the trial holding that there was enough evidence against them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Narendra Modi and Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'