Nupur Talwar released from jail
Ghaziabad: After remaining behind bars for nearly five months, Dentist Nupur Talwar, facing trial in the twin murder case of her daughter Aarushi and domestic aide Hemraj, was released on Tuesday from Dasna jail.
Nupur`s dentist husband Rajesh Talwar, who is a co-accused in the case, kept his hand around her as she walked out the jail in Ghaziabad a little before 7 pm in the presence of a strong posse of waiting newsmen and photographers. Rajesh has been on bail since July 11, 2008.
Wearing a peach-coloured dress, a sombre-looking Nupur spoke briefly during which she said she will abide by all court regulations. Nupur`s parents and Rajesh`s brother Dinesh Talwar were also present outside the jail premises.
Earlier in the day, Special Judge A K Lal ordered Nupur`s release in pursuance of a Supreme Court order which had granted her bail on September 17, stipulating that she should be released by today, September 25.
The special judge ordered Nupur`s release on a personal bond of Rs two lakhs with two sureties of the same amount each.
After granting her bail, the apex court had put off her release by a week to enable CBI to get its remaining material witnesses examined by the trial court, which is currently recording the prosecution evidence.
Nupur has been in jail since her surrender before the Ghaziabad court on April 30. She had got bail on September 17 from the apex court, which she had moved challenging the Allahabad High Court`s order which had dismissed her bail plea on May 31. Earlier, the trial court had denied her bail on May 2.
14-year-old Aarushi was found dead in her bedroom at the Talwars` residence in Jalvayu Vihar, Noida, on the intervening night of May 16-17, 2008.
The body of Hemraj was found on May 17 on the terrace.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC