Nupur Talwar released from jail
Ghaziabad: After remaining behind bars for nearly five months, Dentist Nupur Talwar, facing trial in the twin murder case of her daughter Aarushi and domestic aide Hemraj, was released on Tuesday from Dasna jail.
Nupur`s dentist husband Rajesh Talwar, who is a co-accused in the case, kept his hand around her as she walked out the jail in Ghaziabad a little before 7 pm in the presence of a strong posse of waiting newsmen and photographers. Rajesh has been on bail since July 11, 2008.
Wearing a peach-coloured dress, a sombre-looking Nupur spoke briefly during which she said she will abide by all court regulations. Nupur`s parents and Rajesh`s brother Dinesh Talwar were also present outside the jail premises.
Earlier in the day, Special Judge A K Lal ordered Nupur`s release in pursuance of a Supreme Court order which had granted her bail on September 17, stipulating that she should be released by today, September 25.
The special judge ordered Nupur`s release on a personal bond of Rs two lakhs with two sureties of the same amount each.
After granting her bail, the apex court had put off her release by a week to enable CBI to get its remaining material witnesses examined by the trial court, which is currently recording the prosecution evidence.
Nupur has been in jail since her surrender before the Ghaziabad court on April 30. She had got bail on September 17 from the apex court, which she had moved challenging the Allahabad High Court`s order which had dismissed her bail plea on May 31. Earlier, the trial court had denied her bail on May 2.
14-year-old Aarushi was found dead in her bedroom at the Talwars` residence in Jalvayu Vihar, Noida, on the intervening night of May 16-17, 2008.
The body of Hemraj was found on May 17 on the terrace.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch
- In Pics: Indian Super League 2015 opening ceremony!
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Read: What Salman Khan has to say about Akshay's 'Singh Is Bliing'