Obama looking forward to set `new agenda` with Modi, says Kerry
New Delhi: President Barack Obama is looking forward to a Summit with Prime Minister Narendra Modi in September to set an "ambitious new agenda" to chart a new course in the bilateral ties, top US functionaries John Kerry and Penny Pritzker said Friday.
Kerry, US Secretary of State, and Pritzker, Secretary of Commerce, conveyed this during a meeting here with Modi who said the two countries should prepare for concrete outcomes during the Summit to take the relationship to "an entirely new level on the basis of vision, strategy and action plan."
Modi is expected to travel to Washington in September-end for his first Summit meeting with Obama.
During the hour-long meeting, the two visiting Secretaries briefed the Prime Minister on the India-US Strategic Dialogue that took place here yesterday.
Conveying that Obama attaches great priority to relations with India, both for bilateral cooperation and global partnership, they said he looks forward to a "productive and fruitful" Summit in September to "set an ambitious new agenda to chart a new course in the relationship", a PMO statement said.
Modi said there was broad convergence of views and interests between the two countries.
He conveyed his appreciation for Obama`s "thoughtful and detailed letter" and asked both sides to prepare for "concrete outcomes during the Summit to take the relationship to an entirely new level, on the basis of vision, strategy and action plan", the statement said.
Modi outlined his vision for India and for the partnership between the world`s two largest democracies in addressing global challenges, promoting peace and stability in the world and supporting India`s own economic transformation.
The Prime Minister highlighted the opportunities for partnership in trade, investment, clean energy, innovation, education, skill development, agro-processing, youth empowerment, among others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users