‘Obama shouldn’t poke his nose in Indian affairs’
Hyderabad: Taking exception to the comments of US President Barack Obama on the investment climate in India, Communist Party of India (CPI) on Monday said India should tell him not "poke his nose into Indian affairs".
"Obama`s comment comes on the heels of Time magazine`s assessment on Prime Minister Manmohan Singh as a person who could not complete reforms. These are tactics to pressurise the Indian government to surrender to their dictates. This is nothing but arrogant, uncalled for interference in the internal affairs of our country," CPI general secretary S Sudhakar Reddy said in a statement here tonight.
"India cannot mend its economic policies to satisfy the masters of MNCs and US investors. Obama`s statement is like the `Opium war on China` by Europeans in the 19th century. The reforms that are being proposed by Obama go against the interests of India and its people," he said.
He demanded the Centre display "courage to tell Obama not to poke his nose into Indian affairs and reject his demands".
US President Barack Obama, in an interview to PTI, had noted that it is still too hard to invest in India. "In too many sectors, such as retail, India limits or prohibits the foreign investment, which is necessary for India to continue to grow," the US President had stated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video