Obama trip to elevate Indo-US ties to new level: Hillary
Washington: Asserting that India is a key
player in East Asia and on the global stage, Secretary of
State Hillary Clinton Friday said that President Barack Obama`s
upcoming visit to India would elevate the Indo-US relationship
to an altogether new level.
"His (Obama`s) trip will bring together two of our top
priorities ? renewed American leadership in Asia and a
US-India partnership that is elevated to an entirely new
level," she said in her major Asia policy speech in Honolulu
in Hawaii at the start of her nearly two week trip to Asia-
Pacific region that would take her to half-a-dozen countries.
"This year, we launched the US-India Strategic Dialogue. And one of the core issues we addressed is India`s growing engagement and integration into East Asia, because we
believe that India is a key player in this region and on the global stage. That`s why President Obama is also beginning his own major trip to Asia next week with a stop in India," Clinton said.
While Clinton would be travelling in the Asia Pacific region, Obama during the same time would be visiting the four key democratic countries of Asia ? India, Indonesia, S Korea and Japan from November 5 to November 14.
"In a crowded field of highly dynamic, increasingly influential emerging nations, two, of course, stand out India and China. Their simultaneous rise is reshaping the
world and our ability to cooperate effectively with these two countries will be a critical test of our leadership," she said.
"With growing ties between our governments, our economies and our peoples, India and the US have never mattered more to each other. As the world`s two largest
democracies, we are united by common interests and common values," she said
Clinton said the US is expanding its work with the Indian navy in the Pacific. "Because we understand how important the Indo-Pacific basin is to global trade and commerce," she explained.
In a video message to Indian-Americans, Clinton said that the Governments of the US and India opened a Strategic Dialogue to advance their cooperation on some of the toughest challenges the two they face -- including improving global health, developing sources of renewable energy, educating more children, and empowering people to improve their own lives.
"But we know that governments alone cannot solve any of these problems. We need ideas, and help, from people like you. That`s why the connections you are forming today are so important. Your leadership in classrooms, board rooms, and governments across the US -- along with your connection to communities in India - gives you invaluable insights that can benefit all of us," she said in her message.
"I hope that by sharing your ideas with one another, you can identify new and creative ways to deliver results that will make a difference in the lives of people and communities
in India and around the world," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- CBSE Class 12th Board Exam Results 2015: cbseresults.nic.in crashes
- CBSE Results 2015: Girls outperform boys in Class 12 Board Exams