Objection to road due to differing perception of LAC: India
New Delhi: Seeking to downplay the recent
Chinese objection to a road construction in Ladakh`s Demchok
area near the LAC, India on Saturday said it was an outcome of the
"differing perceptions" of the Line of Actual Control between
the two countries and has already been taken up with the
It also hoped that both the sides will also be able to
resolve all issues pertaining to border dispute peacefully.
"It has been taken up with the Chinese side during one
of the flag-meetings that we have at the ground level. Let me
say, that the whole issue of the differing perceptions of LAC
in the area around Demchok has been taken up at many occasions
with the Chinese side," Foreign Secretary Nirupama Rao said
when asked about the recent Chinese objection.
The authorities in Jammu and Kashmir recently said
that they have stopped construction of an eight-km road in the
remote Demchok area of Buddhist-dominated Ladakh near the
LAC after objections from the Chinese army.
She said, "this is not a new issue that has cropped up
in the discourse relating to the boundary discussions between
India and China". Rao said both India and China are aware that
there are different perceptions of LAC and were working
through proper mechanism to resolve all such disputes.
Asked about the recent media reports that ULFA leader
Prakash Barua was in China and if India has made any request
for his extradition, Rao said "Barua is wanted in India for
crime against State..."
"And we continue to seek his extradition and we are in
touch with our neighbours about these matters. And we expect
all our neighbours to behave responsibly on these issues."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Aamir Khan's '3 Idiots' sequel on the cards? Here's what Rajkumar Hirani has to say!
- 'Nirbhaya' gang-rape: Convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail, admitted to hospital
- Iranian Navy in `unsafe` intercept of US destroyer: Defense official
- PM Narendra Modi condemns attack on Kabul`s American University
- Italy earthquake kills 159 as rescuers race to find survivors