Odisha extends summer vacation in schools till June 23
Bhubaneswar: With heat-wave conditions still prevailing in Odisha, the state government today announced extension of summer vacations in all educational institutions till next week.
"Keeping the prevailing heat-wave conditions in the state in view, it has been decided in principle to extend the duration of the ongoing summer vacation in all government and non-government schools, colleges and technical institutes by till June 23," Special Relief Commissioner P K Mohapatra said in a release.
The step was taken on basis of the forecast of the meteorological department, he said.
The schools and colleges were scheduled to reopen today after summer break.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India