Odisha sand artist Sudarsan Pattnaik wins international sculpting award
Bhubaneswar: Odisha sand artist Sudarsan Pattnaik has won a prize at the sand sculpting World Cup in the US, the artist said Saturday.
Pattnaik said he won the People`s Choice prize in the solo category for his sand sculpture "Save Tree, Save the Future".
The 37-year-old artist was the lone participant from India at the June 15-29 competition in Atlantic City which was attended by artists from several other countries.
Pattnaik, a native of Odisha`s beach town of Puri, about 56 kms from state capital Bhubaneswar, told IANS he was thankful to the people who liked his sculpture and voted for him.
Pattnaik is a recipient of the Padma Shri award and has participated in over 50 international sand sculpture championships and festivals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- After 22 months, NASA regains contact with sun-watching STEREO-B spacecraft!
- Parents, beware: Your lack of involvement might be making your child obese!
- Finance Minister Arun Jaitley to inaugurate BRICS meet on arbitration
- Raveena Tandon 'honoured' to receive award from Dharmendra
- Earthquake in Delhi is trending – Here's why