Odisha sand artist Sudarsan Pattnaik wins international sculpting award
Bhubaneswar: Odisha sand artist Sudarsan Pattnaik has won a prize at the sand sculpting World Cup in the US, the artist said Saturday.
Pattnaik said he won the People`s Choice prize in the solo category for his sand sculpture "Save Tree, Save the Future".
The 37-year-old artist was the lone participant from India at the June 15-29 competition in Atlantic City which was attended by artists from several other countries.
Pattnaik, a native of Odisha`s beach town of Puri, about 56 kms from state capital Bhubaneswar, told IANS he was thankful to the people who liked his sculpture and voted for him.
Pattnaik is a recipient of the Padma Shri award and has participated in over 50 international sand sculpture championships and festivals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed