Odisha sand artist Sudarsan Pattnaik wins international sculpting award
Bhubaneswar: Odisha sand artist Sudarsan Pattnaik has won a prize at the sand sculpting World Cup in the US, the artist said Saturday.
Pattnaik said he won the People`s Choice prize in the solo category for his sand sculpture "Save Tree, Save the Future".
The 37-year-old artist was the lone participant from India at the June 15-29 competition in Atlantic City which was attended by artists from several other countries.
Pattnaik, a native of Odisha`s beach town of Puri, about 56 kms from state capital Bhubaneswar, told IANS he was thankful to the people who liked his sculpture and voted for him.
Pattnaik is a recipient of the Padma Shri award and has participated in over 50 international sand sculpture championships and festivals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH