`Official who doesn`t fall in line transferred or suspended`
Kolkata: Holding that corruption always flow from the top, former Union home secretary RK Singh on Saturday said if an official did not fall in line with corruption then they were either transferred or suspended, hinting at the suspension of UP IAS officer Durga Nagpal.
"Corruption always flows from the top. If the minister is corrupt, then the officials down the line will also follow the same and if an official doesn`t follow the same then he or she is either suspended or transferred," Singh told a seminar here.
Singh stressed on the need for a strong ombudsman with its own independent investigating agency to tackle corruption.
He also criticised political parties for dividing the people of the country on the basis of religion and caste.
"I don`t want to name anybody, but political parties have always divided on the basis of religion between minority and majority and on the basis of caste. This has been done from the very beginning," said Singh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video