Officials should sort out J&K stapled visa issue: Wen
New Delhi: Premier Wen Jiabao on Thursday said
officials of India and China should have "in-depth"
discussions to resolve the differences on stapled visas issued
to those hailing from Jammu and Kashmir.
Wen himself raised the issue at his meeting here with
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, saying that China takes India`s
concerns seriously, Foreign Secretary Nirupama Rao told
"We would have brought up the issue. Before that the
Premier raised the issue," she said adding Wen suggested that
officials from both the countries should have in-depth
consultations to resolve the issue.
When pointed out that the ball was in China`s court on
the issue, she agreed saying the ball has to be in their court
as it was they who had to do it.
China started the practice of issuing stapled visas to
people from Jammu and Kashmir two years back. India sees this
as an act amounting to questioning the state`s integration
with rest of the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Five nations pull out of SAARC Summit to express solidarity with India over Uri attack
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof