Omar can’t tweet live NCTC proceedings
Jammu: Omar Abdullah could have tweeted live proceedings of the chief ministers` conference meet in New Delhi on the National Counter Terrorism Centre (NCTC) Saturday but the fear of being asked to leave the venue has prevented him from doing so.
In a tweet on Saturday morning, the Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister posted on Twitter: "NCTC meeting today. Would have live tweeted the proceedings but I`d probably be turfed out from Vigyan Bhavan."
Jammu and Kashmir is one of the worst terrorism-hit states. Tens of thousands have died in the state since 1989 in the violence.
Abdullah has no objection to the intelligence gathering mechanism the centre has proposed in the NCTC, but he has serious reservations about the direct operations the proposed body could conduct in states.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February