Omar can’t tweet live NCTC proceedings
Jammu: Omar Abdullah could have tweeted live proceedings of the chief ministers` conference meet in New Delhi on the National Counter Terrorism Centre (NCTC) Saturday but the fear of being asked to leave the venue has prevented him from doing so.
In a tweet on Saturday morning, the Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister posted on Twitter: "NCTC meeting today. Would have live tweeted the proceedings but I`d probably be turfed out from Vigyan Bhavan."
Jammu and Kashmir is one of the worst terrorism-hit states. Tens of thousands have died in the state since 1989 in the violence.
Abdullah has no objection to the intelligence gathering mechanism the centre has proposed in the NCTC, but he has serious reservations about the direct operations the proposed body could conduct in states.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Lodha panel secretary accused BCCI selectors of taking sexual favours, reveals Ajay Shirke
- TMC govt cracks down on 'Narayani Sena', bans training camps in Cooch Behar district
- Brazil police say IOC's Patrick Hickey discussed illegal ticket sales
- TCS settles Orange County lawsuit for $26 mn; shares down
- Turkish military, US-led coalition launch major operation in northern Syria - officials