Omar can’t tweet live NCTC proceedings
Jammu: Omar Abdullah could have tweeted live proceedings of the chief ministers` conference meet in New Delhi on the National Counter Terrorism Centre (NCTC) Saturday but the fear of being asked to leave the venue has prevented him from doing so.
In a tweet on Saturday morning, the Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister posted on Twitter: "NCTC meeting today. Would have live tweeted the proceedings but I`d probably be turfed out from Vigyan Bhavan."
Jammu and Kashmir is one of the worst terrorism-hit states. Tens of thousands have died in the state since 1989 in the violence.
Abdullah has no objection to the intelligence gathering mechanism the centre has proposed in the NCTC, but he has serious reservations about the direct operations the proposed body could conduct in states.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report