Omar can’t tweet live NCTC proceedings
Jammu: Omar Abdullah could have tweeted live proceedings of the chief ministers` conference meet in New Delhi on the National Counter Terrorism Centre (NCTC) Saturday but the fear of being asked to leave the venue has prevented him from doing so.
In a tweet on Saturday morning, the Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister posted on Twitter: "NCTC meeting today. Would have live tweeted the proceedings but I`d probably be turfed out from Vigyan Bhavan."
Jammu and Kashmir is one of the worst terrorism-hit states. Tens of thousands have died in the state since 1989 in the violence.
Abdullah has no objection to the intelligence gathering mechanism the centre has proposed in the NCTC, but he has serious reservations about the direct operations the proposed body could conduct in states.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire