Omar empathises with Trivedi
Jammu: "I`d hate to be in Dinesh Trivedi`s
This was Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah`s
reaction to the railway budget presented by Railway Minister
Dinesh Trivedi on Wednesday.
"All said and done I`d hate to be in Dinesh Trivedi`s
shoe`s today. Today was supposed to be the highlight of his
political career. Poor chap," the NC leader wrote in
microblogging site Twitter.
Within minutes of presenting his maiden budget, Trivedi
found himself in a piquant situation with his own party TMC
demanding roll back of the passenger fare hike proposed by
him, triggering speculation about his continuance in office.
TMC chief and West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee
declared she would not allow hike in fares which Trivedi has
proposed in a bid to raise Rs 4,000 crore mainly for railway
Omar said, "We take populism to ridiculous levels. I
genuinely believe people would happily accept the modest hike
if safety & quality of service (are) better."
Taking a dig at Banerjee, Omar tweeted, "The PM has his
`M` and I have mine. The only difference is that I know what
to expect from my `M` (PDP chief Mehbooba Mufti)."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!