Omar empathises with Trivedi
Jammu: "I`d hate to be in Dinesh Trivedi`s
This was Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah`s
reaction to the railway budget presented by Railway Minister
Dinesh Trivedi on Wednesday.
"All said and done I`d hate to be in Dinesh Trivedi`s
shoe`s today. Today was supposed to be the highlight of his
political career. Poor chap," the NC leader wrote in
microblogging site Twitter.
Within minutes of presenting his maiden budget, Trivedi
found himself in a piquant situation with his own party TMC
demanding roll back of the passenger fare hike proposed by
him, triggering speculation about his continuance in office.
TMC chief and West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee
declared she would not allow hike in fares which Trivedi has
proposed in a bid to raise Rs 4,000 crore mainly for railway
Omar said, "We take populism to ridiculous levels. I
genuinely believe people would happily accept the modest hike
if safety & quality of service (are) better."
Taking a dig at Banerjee, Omar tweeted, "The PM has his
`M` and I have mine. The only difference is that I know what
to expect from my `M` (PDP chief Mehbooba Mufti)."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai