Omar for Indo-Pak talks, expansion of trade across LOC
Rajouri: Favouring restoration of
Indo-Pak composite dialogue, Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister
Omar Abdullah on Thursday said the coalition government is committed to facilitate talks between Centre and all sections of people
in state to find a solution to the Kashmir issue.
Addressing National Conference (NC) workers`
conventions at Kotranka and Mendhar in Rajouri and Poonch
districts, Abdullah said "our efforts are yielding results
positively and the day is not too far when people will see
problems getting resolved across the table in an amicable
"We are in favour of Indo-Pak composite dialogue and
want the internal situation in Pakistan to settle soon and
peace to prevail. We also want the relations between two
neighbours to improve fast with borders remaining peaceful and
trade and travel across the LoC expanding further," he said.
Stating that his government has prioritised road
communication sector for focused attention to open up
far-flung areas for all round development, Abdullah said the
completion of Mughal Road is on fast track and getting
additional Rs 350 crore Central assistant has fulfilled the
long-cherished dream of people of the state.
"We hope the road is opened to vehicles next July so
that the travel of people from Poonch and Rajouri areas to the
valley becomes short and smooth," he said.
On recently announced Sher-i-Kashmir Employment and
Welfare Programme for Youth (SKEWPY), the Chief Minister said
for the first time a comprehensive policy for unemployed has
been formulated to address the problem and nurture skill
development along with increasing employability of youth.
Abdullah also asked the people to prepare themselves
for large scale participation in the upcoming panchayat
"This will give you an opportunity to elect your
representative at grassroots and get your development needs
fulfilled," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi