Omar for Indo-Pak talks, expansion of trade across LOC
Rajouri: Favouring restoration of
Indo-Pak composite dialogue, Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister
Omar Abdullah on Thursday said the coalition government is committed to facilitate talks between Centre and all sections of people
in state to find a solution to the Kashmir issue.
Addressing National Conference (NC) workers`
conventions at Kotranka and Mendhar in Rajouri and Poonch
districts, Abdullah said "our efforts are yielding results
positively and the day is not too far when people will see
problems getting resolved across the table in an amicable
"We are in favour of Indo-Pak composite dialogue and
want the internal situation in Pakistan to settle soon and
peace to prevail. We also want the relations between two
neighbours to improve fast with borders remaining peaceful and
trade and travel across the LoC expanding further," he said.
Stating that his government has prioritised road
communication sector for focused attention to open up
far-flung areas for all round development, Abdullah said the
completion of Mughal Road is on fast track and getting
additional Rs 350 crore Central assistant has fulfilled the
long-cherished dream of people of the state.
"We hope the road is opened to vehicles next July so
that the travel of people from Poonch and Rajouri areas to the
valley becomes short and smooth," he said.
On recently announced Sher-i-Kashmir Employment and
Welfare Programme for Youth (SKEWPY), the Chief Minister said
for the first time a comprehensive policy for unemployed has
been formulated to address the problem and nurture skill
development along with increasing employability of youth.
Abdullah also asked the people to prepare themselves
for large scale participation in the upcoming panchayat
"This will give you an opportunity to elect your
representative at grassroots and get your development needs
fulfilled," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre