Omar for Indo-Pak talks, expansion of trade across LOC
Rajouri: Favouring restoration of
Indo-Pak composite dialogue, Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister
Omar Abdullah on Thursday said the coalition government is committed to facilitate talks between Centre and all sections of people
in state to find a solution to the Kashmir issue.
Addressing National Conference (NC) workers`
conventions at Kotranka and Mendhar in Rajouri and Poonch
districts, Abdullah said "our efforts are yielding results
positively and the day is not too far when people will see
problems getting resolved across the table in an amicable
"We are in favour of Indo-Pak composite dialogue and
want the internal situation in Pakistan to settle soon and
peace to prevail. We also want the relations between two
neighbours to improve fast with borders remaining peaceful and
trade and travel across the LoC expanding further," he said.
Stating that his government has prioritised road
communication sector for focused attention to open up
far-flung areas for all round development, Abdullah said the
completion of Mughal Road is on fast track and getting
additional Rs 350 crore Central assistant has fulfilled the
long-cherished dream of people of the state.
"We hope the road is opened to vehicles next July so
that the travel of people from Poonch and Rajouri areas to the
valley becomes short and smooth," he said.
On recently announced Sher-i-Kashmir Employment and
Welfare Programme for Youth (SKEWPY), the Chief Minister said
for the first time a comprehensive policy for unemployed has
been formulated to address the problem and nurture skill
development along with increasing employability of youth.
Abdullah also asked the people to prepare themselves
for large scale participation in the upcoming panchayat
"This will give you an opportunity to elect your
representative at grassroots and get your development needs
fulfilled," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Watch Video - World's highest glass-bottom bridge opens in China 600 feet above a canyon!
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony