Omar govt sabotaging all-party visit: PDP
Srinagar: Peoples` Democratic Party (PDP) chief Mehbooba Mufti on Sunday slammed the Jammu and Kashmir government alleging that it was attempting to "sabotage" the all-party delegation`s visit to the troubled state Monday by reimposing curfew in the Valley.
"The state government is bent upon sabotaging this visit...They are trying to create more anger by imposing curfew. Since the government has failed totally, they want to destroy everything as they go," Mehbooba told reporters here a day ahead of the all-party delegation`s visit to Jammu and Kashmir.
She appealed to the all-party delegation to reach out to the common man. "There is no rationale in the curfew imposed... I appeal to the delegation to reach out to the common man, the people of Kashmir beyond what the Jammu and Kashmir government wants them to see and beyond all the mainstream parties."
"The delegation must directly interact with the common man... The state government has brought Kashmiris in confrontation with the security forces. If you alienate your own people, where do they go?" she added.
Home Minister P Chidambaram will lead the all-party delegation to Jammu and Kashmir in a bid to defuse tensions in the state.
The team will visit the violence-hit Kashmir Valley on Monday and the Jammu region on Tuesday, as per the schedule prepared by the Home Ministry. The idea is to get a first hand impression of the situation on the ground before taking steps to defuse the volatile situation.
The Kashmir Valley has been rocked by a cycle of violence with retaliatory firing by the security forces on stone-pelting mobs resulting in the death of 101 civilians, mostly teenagers and youth, since June 11.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand