Omar is `encouraging` separatists by opposing our plan: BJP
Jammu: BJP on Friday accused Jammu and Kashmir
Chief Minister Omar Abduallah of "encouraging" the separatists
by opposing the party`s plan to hoist the tricolour at Lal
Chowk in Srinagar.
"Omar is indirectly supporting the statements of Hurriyat
and JKLF over the flag hoisting issue. The CM is trying to
prevent the nationalist party of the country to hoist the
Indian flag in Kashmir and thus encouraging the separatist to
maintain their anti-Indian mission," state BJP Chief Shamsher
Singh Manhas told reporters here.
"He is whipping up anti-BJP sentiment in Kashmir by
deliberately triggering a campaign. If Omar, his ministers or
senior functionaries of administration and party leaders can
hoist the tricolour in Jammu and other district headquarters
then why BJYM activists cannot hoist flag in Kashmir?" he
The BJP leader said the party`s youth wing Bharatiya
Janata Yuva Morcha is firm to hoist the national flag at Lal
Chowk on Republic Day.
Yesterday, Chief Minister Abdullah had appealed to the
BJP to shun its plan to hoist flag, saying "disturbing the
peaceful atmosphere in the state will not be in the interests
of the people of the country... (and he hopes that) good sense
will prevail on the BJP."
The BJP leader said "need of the hour is to hoist Indian
flag at Lal Chowk and to discourage, and demoralise the
anti-India forces, so they acknowledge fully that Jammu and
Kashmir is an integral part of India."
For peaceful hoisting of flag, "the state government must
support the BJYM move," he appealed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof