`Omar raising AFSPA, autonomy to hide his failure`
Jammu: Lashing at Chief Minister Omar Abdullah for mis-governance and failure on all fronts in Jammu and Kashmir, BJP on Monday said he is raising the AFSPA bogey and greater autonomy, only to divert people`s attention from the failure of his government.
"The Chief Minister is raising the issues of withdrawal of AFSPA, autonomy and others to divert people`s attention from failure of his government," senior BJP leader and in-charge of Rajouri-Poonch-Nowshera districts Kuldeep Raj Gupta told reporters here today.
Lashing at NC government for total failure on all fronts, he said "the twin border districts of Rajouri and Poonch still remain neglected and discriminated in matters related to development and welfare schemes."
More than 2,000 people have sacrificed their lives after the outburst of militancy in Rajouri district alone, Gupta said, adding that hundreds of crores of rupees are being spent for developmental works in these districts, but the ground situation is different.
"Benefits of welfare schemes for BPL families, SCs, STs, OBCs, widows and aged are not reaching the genuinely deserving people," he said.
Population of Rajouri city alone has touched one lakh, but there are no basic amenities, parking lots, proper playground or community hall, he alleged.
On employment opportunities, Gupta said the Kalakot Coal Mine is not being run properly and though there are numerous such areas in Rajouri and Poonch districts which can be developed as tourist destinations and provide employment, the government is not serious about them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi