`Omar raising AFSPA, autonomy to hide his failure`
Jammu: Lashing at Chief Minister Omar Abdullah for mis-governance and failure on all fronts in Jammu and Kashmir, BJP on Monday said he is raising the AFSPA bogey and greater autonomy, only to divert people`s attention from the failure of his government.
"The Chief Minister is raising the issues of withdrawal of AFSPA, autonomy and others to divert people`s attention from failure of his government," senior BJP leader and in-charge of Rajouri-Poonch-Nowshera districts Kuldeep Raj Gupta told reporters here today.
Lashing at NC government for total failure on all fronts, he said "the twin border districts of Rajouri and Poonch still remain neglected and discriminated in matters related to development and welfare schemes."
More than 2,000 people have sacrificed their lives after the outburst of militancy in Rajouri district alone, Gupta said, adding that hundreds of crores of rupees are being spent for developmental works in these districts, but the ground situation is different.
"Benefits of welfare schemes for BPL families, SCs, STs, OBCs, widows and aged are not reaching the genuinely deserving people," he said.
Population of Rajouri city alone has touched one lakh, but there are no basic amenities, parking lots, proper playground or community hall, he alleged.
On employment opportunities, Gupta said the Kalakot Coal Mine is not being run properly and though there are numerous such areas in Rajouri and Poonch districts which can be developed as tourist destinations and provide employment, the government is not serious about them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials
- Huge blow for Arvind Kejriwal ahead of MCD elections, AAP MLA Ved Prakash joins BJP