One killed, 11 injured in Assam grenade blast
Udalguri: Suspected militants of National
Democratic Front of Bodoland (NDFB) triggerred a grenade blast
killing one person and injuring 11 others in lower Assam`s
Udalguri district today.
Police said a group of ultras hurled a powerful hand
grenade in front of an eatery in the busy market area in the
heart of Udalguri town at about 6.45 pm.
Ganesh Das, an employee of the eatery, died on the
spot while 11 others were injured in the blast.
The ultras fled after the incident.
The Udalguri superintendent of police A K Tiwari has
reached the spot for investigation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Congress using affidavits to secure MLA's
- Panel discussion over Congress using affidavits to secure MLA's Part II
- Panel discussion over Congress using affidavits to secure MLA's Part IV
- Panel discussion over Congress using affidavits to secure MLA's Part III
- Not hosting Modi government event: Amitabh Bachchan
- French Open 2016, Day 4: Andy Murray survives fresh five-set Paris battle
- Mercedes insist all cool after Spanish storm; Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg clear the air
- Foxconn factory goes 'techno'; replaces workers with 60,000 robots!
- BJP comes out in defence of Amitabh's association with second anniversary programme
- Army troops, insurgents exchange gunfire along Manipur-Myanmar border