One killed, 11 injured in Assam grenade blast
Udalguri: Suspected militants of National
Democratic Front of Bodoland (NDFB) triggerred a grenade blast
killing one person and injuring 11 others in lower Assam`s
Udalguri district today.
Police said a group of ultras hurled a powerful hand
grenade in front of an eatery in the busy market area in the
heart of Udalguri town at about 6.45 pm.
Ganesh Das, an employee of the eatery, died on the
spot while 11 others were injured in the blast.
The ultras fled after the incident.
The Udalguri superintendent of police A K Tiwari has
reached the spot for investigation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?