One killed, 11 injured in Assam grenade blast
Udalguri: Suspected militants of National
Democratic Front of Bodoland (NDFB) triggerred a grenade blast
killing one person and injuring 11 others in lower Assam`s
Udalguri district today.
Police said a group of ultras hurled a powerful hand
grenade in front of an eatery in the busy market area in the
heart of Udalguri town at about 6.45 pm.
Ganesh Das, an employee of the eatery, died on the
spot while 11 others were injured in the blast.
The ultras fled after the incident.
The Udalguri superintendent of police A K Tiwari has
reached the spot for investigation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city