One killed, 11 injured in Assam grenade blast
Udalguri: Suspected militants of National
Democratic Front of Bodoland (NDFB) triggerred a grenade blast
killing one person and injuring 11 others in lower Assam`s
Udalguri district today.
Police said a group of ultras hurled a powerful hand
grenade in front of an eatery in the busy market area in the
heart of Udalguri town at about 6.45 pm.
Ganesh Das, an employee of the eatery, died on the
spot while 11 others were injured in the blast.
The ultras fled after the incident.
The Udalguri superintendent of police A K Tiwari has
reached the spot for investigation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users