One killed, three injured in clash on board Chhattisgarh Express
Mathura: One person was killed and three others were injured in a clash between passengers on board the Chhattisgarh Express near here on Friday.
Government Railway Police (GRP) said the clash followed an argument over seating arrangement between two groups of passengers travelling in the general compartment of the train on its way from Bilaspur to Amritsar.
Three Amritsar-bound passengers allegedly attacked passengers with knives killing one co-passenger Pratap Singh, a resident of Mathura, inside the coach, police said, adding that three other passengers were seriously injured in the incident. One of the injured has been shifted to Agra after his condition deteriorated.
The three accused have been arrested, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- DNA: Analysing the derogatory remarks made by Chinese Newspaper on Indians
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption