One killed, three injured in clash on board Chhattisgarh Express
Mathura: One person was killed and three others were injured in a clash between passengers on board the Chhattisgarh Express near here on Friday.
Government Railway Police (GRP) said the clash followed an argument over seating arrangement between two groups of passengers travelling in the general compartment of the train on its way from Bilaspur to Amritsar.
Three Amritsar-bound passengers allegedly attacked passengers with knives killing one co-passenger Pratap Singh, a resident of Mathura, inside the coach, police said, adding that three other passengers were seriously injured in the incident. One of the injured has been shifted to Agra after his condition deteriorated.
The three accused have been arrested, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur