One lakh devotees to offer prayers at Somnath temple
Rajkot: Over one lakh devotees are
expected to offer prayer at the famous Somnath temple in
Junagadh district on the auspicious day of `Maha Shivaratri`
"The darshan for devotees began early in the morning and
nearly one lakh devotees are expected to offer prayer at the
temple, which is one of the Jyotirlings," sources in the Shree
Somnath Trust, which manages the temple, said.
Former Gujarat Chief Minister Keshubhai Patel, who is the
chairman of the trust, was among those who offered prayers
today, they said.
Meanwhile, a procession is to be taken out later this
evening in Junagadh, where a fair will also be held to mark
Sadhus from across the country will be participating in
the procession before taking a dip in `mrug kund` in Junagadh,
the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Panel discussion on Mahesh Sharma's controversial safety guidelines for women tourists
- Panel discussion on Mahesh Sharma's controversial safety guidelines for tourist women - Part II
- DNA: Importance of viewers' comments and remarks on reported news
- DNA: Has PM Modi's mention of Balochistan during I-Day speech unsettled China?
- Katrina Kaif, Sidharth Malhotra rock 'Baar Baar Dekho' promotions—Watch video!
- Rajnath Singh to head all-party delegation to Kashmir on September 4
- Could 3D printing save our coral reefs? - Watch
- Ranbir Kapoor has a Bollywood style icon and he is a BIGGIE!
- Yemen suicide bombing: At least 45 dead so far