One lakh devotees to offer prayers at Somnath temple
Rajkot: Over one lakh devotees are
expected to offer prayer at the famous Somnath temple in
Junagadh district on the auspicious day of `Maha Shivaratri`
"The darshan for devotees began early in the morning and
nearly one lakh devotees are expected to offer prayer at the
temple, which is one of the Jyotirlings," sources in the Shree
Somnath Trust, which manages the temple, said.
Former Gujarat Chief Minister Keshubhai Patel, who is the
chairman of the trust, was among those who offered prayers
today, they said.
Meanwhile, a procession is to be taken out later this
evening in Junagadh, where a fair will also be held to mark
Sadhus from across the country will be participating in
the procession before taking a dip in `mrug kund` in Junagadh,
the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- 41 years of Emergency: NDA ministers to attend rallies to highlight Congress' 'excesses' in 1975
- Good news! Dimpy Ganguly welcomes baby Reanna with blizzards of kisses and hugs - See pic
- Harmanpreet Kaur Bhullar becomes first India Women's cricketer to be signed by overseas T20 team
- Indian politicians funded Hillary Clinton for Indo-US civil nuclear deal: Donald Trump
- In two years Tripura-Assam border with Bangladesh to be totally sealed: Secretary BM