One lakh devotees to offer prayers at Somnath temple
Rajkot: Over one lakh devotees are
expected to offer prayer at the famous Somnath temple in
Junagadh district on the auspicious day of `Maha Shivaratri`
"The darshan for devotees began early in the morning and
nearly one lakh devotees are expected to offer prayer at the
temple, which is one of the Jyotirlings," sources in the Shree
Somnath Trust, which manages the temple, said.
Former Gujarat Chief Minister Keshubhai Patel, who is the
chairman of the trust, was among those who offered prayers
today, they said.
Meanwhile, a procession is to be taken out later this
evening in Junagadh, where a fair will also be held to mark
Sadhus from across the country will be participating in
the procession before taking a dip in `mrug kund` in Junagadh,
the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Anna Hazare flaunts his swag on 'The Kapil Sharma Show', no kidding! - Pic inside